Plan on attending the combined adult class beginning on Sunday, July 8th at 10:20am in the Family Life Center. This team-taught series will focus on a study of The Healthy Church – Eight Essential Principles for Growth.
Most Christians desire to be a part of a growing church. The question that eludes many church leaders and members is, “How do churches grow?” In summary, growing churches are healthy churches. The key to growth is spiritual health.
Our study in the combined adult class for the summer quarter will explore eight core principles that make a difference in the life of the church. These are key elements that characterize all healthy and growing churches. When characterized by these proven principles, churches experience growth in both quality and quantity.
Here are the eight quality characteristics of healthy growing churches that we will explore:
- Empowering Leadership – Leaders that empower, support and encourage others for ministry.
- Effective Structures – Structures that are practical, balanced and fulfill their purpose.
- Gift-Oriented Ministry – Members who are serving in their areas of their spiritual giftedness.
- Passionate Spirituality – Spiritual lives characterized by prayer, boldness and enthusiasm.
- Holistic Small Groups – Opportunities for intimate community, practical help and spiritual interaction.
- Inspiring Worship Services – Assemblies that celebrate the presence, power and goodness of God.
- Need-Oriented Evangelism – Sharing the gospel in a manner that addresses the needs of the hearer.
- Loving Relationships – Love and affection in an authentic Christian community.